Dent has always been a forum for coming together as a community to better understand what goes into denting the universe. Fortunately, we are finding new ways to convene even as the world changes around us daily.
On Friday, we launched our Dent @ Home series to hear a talk from Mark Stibitch, epidemiologist and CEO.
We were excited about Mark Stibich’s keynote before this crisis, but now he might be uniquely positioned to help dent the universe back into shape. Mark Stibich, Ph.D is the co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer of Xenex Disinfection Services which is manufacturing germ-zapping robots, which can be used to sterilize hospitals much more efficiently, effectively, and safely than humans. This invention could both be a key part of the solution to this crisis and a major improvement to our healthcare system. Mark is also a respected epidemiologist with high-level knowledge about the pandemic. We were so grateful to learn from him together.
Mark was a fountain of information—particularly about primary sources where you can get the most up-to-date information about the virus. We’ve curated some notes and links below.
Links and Notes from Epidemiologist Mark Stibitch
- View total confirmed cases, active cases, and recovered cases
- See rankings of where there are the most cases
- Break down the data by country, state/province, or county.
- Detailed data on severity, symptoms, healthcare capacity, fatality rates, and confirmed deaths.
- Most up to date information on testing
- Shows projected hospital resource use (broken down by state)
- Details about vaccines in development
- How will warmer seasonal weather affect the virus?
Virtual sessions like these are part of how we’re supporting this amazing community of scientists, entrepreneurs, technologists, artists, astronauts, and misfits. If you’re interested in viewing the recording of the full session, the Dent community might be a fit for you. You can apply for the Dent Passport here.
Dent’s virtual sessions and events help our community break through the sense of isolation that tends to haunt people who do remarkable things. In addition to virtual sessions like these, Dent Passport members receive:
- Free Access to a Stable of Business and Leadership Coaches
- Quarterly Dent Passport Book Club Subscription
- Weekly Dent @ Home sessions
- Community “Morning Routines” and “Fika Breaks” to connect with others.
- Passport Community Directory and Facilitated Introductions